Website Wolf River Habitat for Humanity
Job Opening – Assistant Store Manager
Do you enjoy working with people and are committed to making a difference in the lives of others and
your community? Wolf River Habitat for Humanity is looking for a full-time Assistant Store Manager. If
you’re dedicated, looking for a challenging yet rewarding position and ready for a change, don’t hesitate
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Assistant Store
Manager”. Resumes with cover letters will be accepted through November 20, 2021.
Wolf River Habitat for Humanity is looking to hire an Assistant Store Manager to help with all aspects of
the Store’s operations. The Store is part of Wolf River Habitat for Humanity whose mission is to build homes, communities, and hope. The purpose of the Store is to generate revenue through the sale of donated furniture, building materials and household items to support Wolf River Habitat’s mission and operations. Through its efforts, the Store facilitates recycling, minimizes landfill waste, provides low-cost home improvement items and increases Habitat’s visibility in our community.
The Assistant Store Manager’s responsibility is to provide support to the Store Manager, engage in a
wide variety of tasks in the Store, and act as manager on duty in Manager’s absence.
Assist with the daily retail operations of the Store. Includes: assisting Store customers, donation pickup
and delivery, acquisitions, merchandising, scheduling, and other functions related to the Associate Store
Assist the Store Manager in maintaining and enhancing the volunteer base in the Store. Includes
volunteer recruitment, hour tracking, and assigning volunteer tasks.
Provide customer service through customer engagement in the Store, answer questions as they relate to
Habitat’s mission, and help to build Store donor base through donation acquisition and follow-up.
Support in the growth of Store donation acquisitions through community outreach with local
businesses, realtors, and other Store supporters.
With direction from the Store Manager, help to merchandise the store and prep for incoming donations.
Help with monthly promotions and Store spotlights.
Assist the Store Manager in developing safe protocols and procedures as they relate to daily Store
operations. Help to maintain a safe working environment and customer shopping experience by keeping
an eye out for unsafe practices.
Assist the Store Manager in organizing, marketing, setting up, and staffing community outreach events.
• Dedication to and ability to articulate the mission and core values of Wolf River Habitat for Humanity.
• Ability to plan, schedule, prioritize, coordinate, delegate and manage multiple work activities.
• Demonstrated administrative, communication, financial, and leadership skills.
• Attention to detail and overall quality control.
• Strong interpersonal skills, dealing well with a variety of people, personalities, and backgrounds.
Qualifications / Physical Requirements:
• Considerable standing/walking, bending, kneeling and reaching (75-85% of time).
• Work may require climbing ladders.
• Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
• Knowledge of building materials and/or handyman experience is helpful.
• Good customer service skills and retail experience preferred.
• Experience in supervising and leading employees and/or volunteers.
• Experience working with a non-profit agency as a volunteer or employee is helpful.
• Demonstrated ability in training, managing, leading, and developing individuals.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as social media
• Experience operating a cash register.
• Must have a driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
• High school diploma with relevant professional experience required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree
in related fields is a plus.
• Background check required.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Assistant Store Manager”. Applications will be accepted through November 20th.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com