Main Areas of Responsibility
• Ensure that the vision, mission, and goals of SAM25 are implemented and maintained.
• Abide by and consistently apply all policies and procedures of SAM25’s programs; maintain guest/staff/volunteer confidentiality.
• Oversee the day to day operations of SAM25’s programs: SAM’s House Emergency Shelter, SAM25 Resource Center, SAM’s Closet Thrift Store, SAM25 Community Health Clinic.
o Meeting the needs of our guests
o Hiring, training and supervising staff to efficiently and effectively operate
o Developing and enforcing policies and procedures for staff, volunteers and guests.
• Promote community relations and awareness of services.
• Research, apply and secure grant monies and assist with fundraising.
• Work closely with the SAM25 Board in carrying out board directives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Hire, train and supervise staff.
• Develop and enforce policies and procedures for staff. Manage personnel issues.
• Work with Resource Manager to schedule staff during shelter season for shift coverage.
• Ensure policies and procedures for volunteers are being consistently applied.
• Manage the recruitment, training, scheduling and communications to volunteers as necessary to successfully operate SAM25 programs.
• Notify Board of any significant staff, guest or volunteer issues.
• Prepare newsletter and SAM25 Snippets as requested by the Board.
• Ensure WISP data and requirements are being met with support from the Resource Center Manager.
• Promote SAM25 and it’s programs to the public to establish relationships for resources, funding and volunteers.
• Research all grant opportunities and work with the Board to prepare, write and submit grant applications.
• Identify and pursue potential funding sources.
• Work with the community to collaborate on available resources to assist those affected by poverty.
• Attend monthly board meetings to report on SAM25 programs and provide feedback and suggestions for continued improvement. Maintain transparency and lines of communication with Board members, facilitating action on Board decisions.
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Board.
RESPONSIBILITY OF OTHERS Resource Center Manager Intake Lead Overnight Lead Morning Lead Clinic Manager Volunteers
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation
• Strong written and oral communication skills; public speaking ability
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies, grants and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
• Skills to collaborate with, manage, and motivate staff, volunteers, and board members
• Excellent Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills.
• Dedication, compassion and ability to work with those in need to improve quality of life.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, management or related field is preferred. Equivalent experience of four or more years considered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org