Website Nueske Applewood Smoked Meats
REPORTS TO: MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
Performs preventive, predictive, and reactive maintenance on a wide variety of manufacturing
equipment. Activity will include diagnosing and replacement of both mechanical and electrical
components. They will also be responsible for repairs and maintaining the building, grounds, and
utility systems for the facility.
Position is responsible for repairing and installing production/manufacturing equipment. Inspects
equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per
manufacturer’s specifications. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes repairs or
adjustments as needed.
This is a 3rd shift position that works one of two flexible shifts. M-TH 10:30pm – 9:00am or M-Th
8:30pm – 7:00am.
• Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment
• Repair all production equipment as needed
• Perform breakdown analysis
• Perform general housekeeping
• Upgrade production lines with new equipment/technology
• Work with outside contractors
• Comply with GMP, safety, and audit standards
• Perform technical writing in the Maintenance CMMS system.
• Work independently under limited supervision (self-management) Documentation of work
schedule and work tasks completed
• 18 years or older
• Experience with mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, chains, sprockets, motors, seals,
• Experience with product manuals (e.g., reading and applying knowledge to make repairs).
• Experience with troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns (pinpointing and fixing
• Experience with reading mechanical drawings (e.g., hydraulics, pneumatics).
• Associates Degree in Electromechanical Technology or Certificate in Industrial Electronics
• Experience with basic electrical systems (e.g., starters, fuses, contacts, relays).
• Experience with refrigeration systems (e.g., compressors/ammonia systems).
• Experience with conveyers (air cylinders, diverters, sensors, motor/speed controls).
• Experience with electrical systems (installation, frequency drive, troubleshooting)
• Experience with electronics (e.g., level probes, flow meters, drives/VFDs, etc.).
• Experience with gearing and gear boxes (rebuilds, ordering parts, machining parts).
• Experience with hydraulic systems (high pressure cylinders, pumps, valves,
• Experience with kinematics (e.g., line speed/sprocket size ratios, etc.).
• Experience with meat slicing /high speed production
• Experience with PLC (e.g., industrial maintenance, computer control systems, etc.).
• Experience with pneumatics (solenoids, cylinders, motor brakes, reading, troubleshooting).
• Experience with pneumatics/air compression (e.g., valves, cylinders, etc.).
• Experience with preventative maintenance (computerized preventative charts/data).
• Experience with pumps (e.g., troubleshooting, replacing seals/motors, understanding
• Experience with schematics (e.g., electrical blueprints with switches, starters, maps, relays).
• Experience with SERVO (e.g., intelligent/robotic motors, in-coders, etc.)
• Experience with troubleshooting (e.g., diagnostics, problem solving, etc.).
• Experience working in team-based environments (working together with others).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org