Website NorthStar Mohican Casino Resort
POSITION: Superintendent POSTING DATE: 3/15/2021
LOCATION: Pine Hills Golf and Supper Club CLOSING DATE: until filled
SALARY: Negotiable Based on experience
Reports directly to: Pine Hills Manager
North Star Mohican Casino Resort Team Members are expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
The Superintendent shall be responsible for the overall conditions and facets of Pine Hills Golf Course. This position will supervise and train a core of employees who will inspect, assess, repair and maintain the golf course, building and facilities, and Pine Hills equipment.
1. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
2. Must submit to a Criminal Investigation Background Check (CIB).
3. Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening. Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
4. Must be flexible with schedule to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
5. Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
6. Must have a positive attitude and provide a teamwork structure within the department.
7. Must be willing to enhance self-development and be willing to adapt to change.
8. Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
9. Must have demonstrated the ability to maintain a satisfactory working record in any prior and/or current employment.
10. Must be at least 18 years of age.
1. Develop a written care and maintenance schedule for the effective and efficient care of all greens, tees, fairways, roughs, bunkers, hazards and wood areas.
2. The effective and efficient use of chemical applications to promote the best possible conditions of the greens and fairways.
3. Must be able to identify, monitor, control, prevent and treat various turf diseases that affect the golf courses overall presentation and play.
4. The effective and efficient maintenance of the golf course’s irrigation system to include pumps, wells, water lines, sprinkler heads, power sources and control panels.
5. The ability to operate and maintain an irrigation schedule on a weekly basis and be able to repair pumps, wells, water lines, sprinkler heads, power sources, and control panels.
6. Develop a schedule to move pin placements and tee markers.
7. Train and assist staff on equipment and work projects in the safest manner according to rules and regulations.
8. Shall participate in a team approach towards total organization quality and maintain course management.
9. Shall oversee and/or fix equipment breakdowns, irrigation breakdowns, and normal maintenance to all equipment on a regular basis while keeping records of work performed on all equipment.
10. Prepare course for tournament dates or multi-function events.
11. Shall supervise Greens Assistant staff including staff scheduling, corrective counseling, and completing performance evaluations.
12. Must be able to develop and work within a budget and give periodic reports as requested.
13. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
14. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
15. Required to attend job related, in-service, meetings, and training to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
16. Must adhere to tribal law and other applicable laws as well as tribal personnel policies and procedures.
17. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the Pine Hills Manager.
1. Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in golf course management.
2. Must have an Associates degree in turf grass science or related field.
3. Certification in pesticide/chemical applications is highly preferred otherwise must obtain certification within six months from initial hire date. Prior spraying experience required.
4. Must be physically able to train, instruct, and operate all machinery used for the effective maintenance of the golf course.
5. Must have knowledge of proper water management and irrigation systems.
6. Must have ability and knowledge in hydraulic systems.
7. Previous supervision experience preferred.
8. Must have effective communication skills in written, verbal, and computer applications.
9. Knowledge of budgeting, inventory, stocking and purchasing procedures is required.
10. Must have the ability to work in a wide variety of weather conditions (rain, snow, hot and cold climates, etc.)
11. Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance are required. Must obtain a Wisconsin driver’s license within 30 days of employment if applicant has an out-of-state driver’s license. Must meet and maintain the eligibility to operate a personal or tribal vehicle under the driver acceptability guidelines as established by Mohican Nation Insurance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Frequently walk, sit, stand, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk and hear.
Occasionally stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb stairs/ladders, and lift and/or move up to sixty (60) pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus; with the aid of prescription glasses/contacts, if needed.
Work is generally performed in a workshop and/or outdoor setting with a moderate to higher noise level.
Work environment requires excellent personal hygiene due to working in close proximity to others.
Work environment is NOT smoke, noise or dust free.
SUBMIT APPLICATION & RESUME TO:
Human Resource Department
North Star Mohican Casino Resort
W 12635 County Road A
Bowler, WI 54416 or Email completed application to: email@example.com
Or Fax completed application to (715)253-2432
THE STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE COMMUNITY OPERATES AS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; EXCEPT INDIAN PREFERENCE IS GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ORDINANCE.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES MUST PASS A DRUG SCREEN AND REMAIN DRUG FREE
Although an interview may be granted, this does not determine that the candidate fully meets the qualifications until it is determined by the interview team.
Applications are available for download at http://www.mohican.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org