Website Newcap Inc.
Coordinated Entry Specialist
Newcap is a community action agency equipping low-income citizens with the tools and potential for achieving economic security. We are seeking to add a Coordinated Entry Specialist Coach to our growing team at Newcap where we are embracing a Whole Family Approach. Meeting families not where they are – but where they dream.
You will not be bored with us! The Coordinated Entry Specialist works with the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) staff from agencies that are part of the Northeast Coalition to oversee all aspects of the coordinated entry system (CE) and assist communities in operationalizing CE. This will include providing training and technical assistance, coordinating, facilitating, and/or participating in meetings and calls to monitor and to help remove barriers to housing on behalf of the local coalition’s coordinated entry system. This position also ensures that clients are provided access to CE and utilizes a No Wrong Door approach.
Why Join Newcap?
Newcap, Inc. is a private non-profit Community Action Agency whose mission since 1965 is to move people from poverty to opportunities and economic security while enhancing community development. This means you not only make a living, but you get to do good too. If you have ever wanted to make a difference every day, this is the place for you.
Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.
Essential Duties and Tasks
· Take calls from clients in need of agency programs, ask screening/qualification questions.
· Provide intake services to those who present in-person
· Refer to appropriate agencies or begin application process by sending application packet.
· Maintain knowledge of all Newcap programs and related community programs and services.
· Provides support and direction for people as they transition from homelessness to housing
· Works collaboratively with the community to ensure access to Coordinated Entry
· Provides advocacy for participants experiencing homelessness when they encounter barriers at housing providers and shelters.
· Works with social services partners, outreach teams, schools, and all other agencies in the community to locate and keep track of the location of the most vulnerable clients to allow for a quicker entry into housing.
· Establishes and maintains positive, productive working relationships with mental health programs, shelter programs, law enforcement, as well as providers of services and resources to homeless participants.
· Attends team meetings, case conferences, training workshops, and community meetings as needed regarding client access to Coordinated Entry.
· Participate in Emergency Management activities as needed.
· Ensure that Newcap’s Coordinated Entry services are Housing First orientated, such that people are housed quickly without preconditions or service participation requirements
· Maintain a person-centered, client driven Coordinated Entry process for clients
· Provide in person and virtual/phone access to Coordinated Entry, motel vouchers, and other community programming
· Utilizes and represents the No Wrong Door philosophy at Newcap
· Conduct Coordinated Entry screening, assessments, and complete necessary paperwork with client for referral
· Compliance with Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) policies and procedures.
· Must complete HMIS training and gain access to HMIS system.
· Utilize and maintain Coordinated Entry data in agency database to ensure compliance with data standards and record-keeping
· Makes necessary corrections to information entered. Compiles, sorts, and verifies accuracy of data to be entered. Keeps record of work completed.
· Have a clear understanding of data requirements for CSBG reporting and program.
· Upload client documentation into internal database and HMIS
· Input Coordinated Entry referrals into internal database and HMIS
Marketing and Outreach:
· Ensure marketing and outreach activities are occurring within the local coalition, as required by the Wisconsin Balance of State Continuum of Care policy
· Educate and familiarize local businesses and partners with No Wrong Door agencies and policy
· Compliance and Monitoring
· Reviewing Priority Lists at least quarterly maintain compliance with coordinate entry policy and procedures.
· Work with community providers to ensure that they are meeting Coordinated Entry expectations and deadlines such as required follow ups for open referrals on the prioritization list
· Ensure that all missing or incorrect data is cleaned up in WISP and on the Non-WISP List prior to acceptance off the top of the prioritization list to ensure that the person most in need is served first.
· Ensure all participating providers complete and sign a Coordinated Entry Participating Staff and Agency Agreements and all the required Coordinated Entry trainings.
· Manage the Coordinated Entry process; insuring participants qualify for homeless assistance services based on eligibility standards per the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and by the Wisconsin Balance of State Continuum of Care (WIBOSCOC) Coordinated Entry guidelines.
· Analyze data to ensure functionality of Coordinated Entry system between multiple providers
· Ensure participating staff and agencies are complying with WI BOSCOC Coordinated Entry System policies and procedures.
· Knowledgeable of local coalition and Coordinated Entry policies and procedures
· Provide training to community partners about Coordinated Entry assessments, referrals, services, and policy
· Train local agencies on the Family Unification Program and referral process
· Ensure all participating agency staff within the local coalition have completed required training and document on the Designated Lead Agency form
· Have a clear understanding and be able to explain all Coordinated Entry forms, processes, and assessments
Abilities and Qualifications:
· Ability to read, write using proper grammar/punctuation, and communicate effectively
· Possess organizational, planning and analytical skills
· Computer skills
· Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and public speaking.
· Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision or over-site.
· Ability to identify, communicate and assist in responding to the need in the county.
· Post-secondary education is preferred OR 2 years in a human service-related field and working with HUD, HMIS, housing, or vulnerable populations is preferred but not necessary
· A combination of education, training, and experience that results in demonstrated competency performing the work may be substituted.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
· All staff must undergo a background check
· Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of any information encountered.
You bring the skills, experience, and awesome attitude – what do we give back?
In addition to being part of a $20 million (and growing) 10 county organization where over 97% of our 125+ staff say, “we make a substantive difference in our community,” We offer:
· Full time, stable, year-round work
· Flexible workweek
· Over 4 weeks of paid time off in year one
· 16 paid holidays
· Medical insurance with very low premiums for you AND your family (they are our family too)
· Dental insurance that has no premium after the first year if two dental cleanings per year per participant are completed and documented
· Retirement plan with match and 100% vesting from first contribution
· Vision insurance
· HSA contributions
· Wellness program
· Disability coverage
· Employee Assistance Program
· Ongoing training and education
· Employee and family events
· Family friendly, family minded organization … and the people who work here
Pay: $17.00 per hour
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Newcap we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Newcap is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit www.newcap.org.