We are currently seeking an individual for the role of Veterinarian.
This position will be responsible for the health and biosecurity of bovine AI animals that URUS presently houses in its facilities in Wisconsin, New York, Montana, Missouri. The role assures that URUS’s production systems in the USA and the products produced fit with national and international regulations monitored and dictated by USDA, CSS and the EU. The role continuously measures, monitors and manages performance in the area of biosecurity, bull health & care and thereby facilitates and maximizes life-time productions and sales on URUS’s AI bulls.
The role leads and receives assistance from URUS’s location dedicated health specialists & health coordinators to assure further development in the area bull health and care. The position will be an integral part of the URUS global production department, a member of URUS global production team.
- Assist in providing leadership for the URUS animal health and livestock production management programs
- Protect the health and well-being of URUS animals by providing veterinary services and oversight into animal management protocols
- Facilitate the export of URUS products by carrying out testing, herd certification programs and regulatory oversight to comply with URUS, national, international and USDA requirements
- Collaborate with URUS Production Managers to establish and monitor disease testing, surveillance and biosecurity management programs at all URUS locations
- Protect the safety of URUS products and customers and expedite the delivery of products to the international marketplace
- Identify, evaluate, and implement new diagnostic technology
- Establish and monitor compliance of biosecurity protocols for all URUS livestock operations and service programs and evaluate and recommend protocols for all URUS locations
- Provide herd certification as required by USDA and CSS for URUS locations in WI and coordinate certification at other facilities
- Collaborate with URUS Production Managers to provide/arrange for veterinary services at all URUS livestock facilities in coordination with local veterinarians to maintain the health and productivity of all animals
- Provide clinical veterinary services as needed at the Shawano bull facilities
- Plan and oversee execution of semi-annual testing surveillance program for Shawano bulls
- Coordinate and advise on treatment of bulls at other production locations
- Evaluate health and acceptability of all incoming animals and communicate adverse findings to appropriate staff and brand managers and acquisition staff
- Promote and adhere to safety in the workplace
- Participate in safety meetings and safety committees
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
- Licensed DVM in the state of Wisconsin
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Strong interest in applying continuous improvement systems in the area of animal health and Biosecurity
- Excellent analytical skills (data — systems — regulations)
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have an excellent work ethic and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel
- A willingness to learn and the capability to interact effectively with regulatory bodies
- Accredited by USDA in Wisconsin (Type II)
Deadline to submit application: 10/30/2020. This position may close prior to deadline date.
To apply for this job please visit genex.coop.