GENEX is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist in Shawano, WI. This candidate will provide a positive vendor and employee experience by delivering superior vendor service practices. Also, to prepare and maintain vendor processes and data, meeting all departmental deadlines.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Prepare and process vendor payments.
- Ensure that vendor invoices are processed with credit terms stated, taking advantage of cash discounts when available.
- Ensure general ledger account numbers are properly posted to vendor invoices and that accounts payable checks are processed on a timely basis.
- Process expense reports in compliance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Update vendor database as needed.
- Ensure that vendor invoices are filed within one week of processing.
- Assist in the reconciliation of Accounts Payable account balances to the balance sheet on a monthly basis
- Recommend cost savings and processing efficiencies
- Associate degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred
- 3 years of accounting experience
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team with excellent communication skills
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks and duties successfully to meet deadlines and maintain accuracy
- Must possess communication and people skills
- Have strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel systems
- Willingness to develop and grow both personally and professionally.
To apply for this job please visit genex.coop.