About the Company
PEAK is the source of superior genetics to the URUS brands and the world. PEAK develops and produces elite bovine genetics and industry-leading reproductive products through genetic programs, production, and research and development. PEAK people are in multiple countries and locations and have an extensive level of expertise, including genetics, operations, research, and data management.
PEAK is a part of URUS Group LP. As a holding company with cooperative and private ownership, URUS is a family of businesses at the heart of the dairy and beef industry – PEAK, Alta Genetics, GENEX, Jetstream Genetics, SCCL and VAS. Each of these organizations has its own unique identity, products, and services. These companies work globally to provide cutting-edge dairy and beef genetics, customized reproductive services to maximize conceptions, dairy management information to take producers to the frontline of progressive farming, and an array of products and services to help bovines reach their full genetic potential. URUS Group has 25 operating companies in 14 countries, $400 million turnover, and employs approximately 2,000 people.
PEAK is seeking a Bull Housing Supervisor in Shawano, WI. This position will be responsible for all phases of livestock care to maintain health and longevity of all livestock. Also, to provide a safe, functional, and presentable environment for staff and livestock.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure correct feed rations for livestock
- Communicate and report any health concerns or unusual behavior of livestock to veterinarian and assist in the diagnosis, treatment, and maintain treatment records of livestock
- Maintain adequate inventory of feed, bedding, and other barn supplies
- Responsible for having adequate staffing at all times including during scheduled collection periods and for daily operations
- Assist and work as a team in the collection of difficult bulls
- Maintain adequate staffing to achieve division goals and daily duties
- Establish performance goals and objectives for direct reports
- Conduct performance evaluations and goal setting sessions with direct reports
- Provide leadership, instruction, make daily work assignments, ensure safety compliance, maintain records, and assist in development of budgets, develop budgets for area of responsibility
- Provide input and feedback regarding staffing needs, livestock, SOP’s, and facilities
- Coordinate with other production sites
- Comfortable working with livestock and large animals
- Ability to lift/carry up to 80lbs
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and may require Class A or B CDL
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment as well as possess effective communication skills
- Motivated and able to influence others
- Strong decision-making skills
- Willingness to develop and grow both personally and professionally
To apply for this job please visit genex.coop.