Website College of Menominee Nation
Position Summary: The College of Menominee Nation’s Health Services Instructor is responsible for the management and operations of the Home Health Aid course curricula and instructing courses within the Medical Terminology Program that require a medical background. The Health Services Instructor should have the ability to teach and evaluate didactic content, instruct and evaluate basic nursing skills, and teach and evaluate students in the clinical area. Each instructor or faculty member is expected to abide by and promote the mission, philosophy, framework, and policies of the College of Menominee Nation. This position may require travel between the Keshena and Green Bay/Oneida campuses.
Position Responsibilities & Duties:
· Provide effective program, class and clinical learning opportunities;
· Teach assigned nursing assistant courses, selecting appropriate methods and learning activities;
· Direct learning activities in the classroom, laboratory and clinical settings;
· Evaluate academic and clinical practice competencies of students to determine achievement and progress;
· Interact with care team members in cooperating health care agencies to facilitate student learning and provide quality patient care;
· Support the Home Health Aide Program curricula and participate in the evaluation of program effectiveness and achievement of program outcomes;
· Participate in self and policy evaluations;
· Assist with the testing of Home Health Aid Students;
· Provide service to the college, the profession and community at large;
· Serve as an academic advisor to Home Health Aid students;
· Participate in the recruitment and retention of students;
· Participate in academic and student life activities;
· Serve on College of Menominee Nation committees and professional and/or community committees;
· Participate in accreditation and assessment processes;
· Serve the community by participation in professional and health activities in area of expertise;
· Participate in research and/or scholarly activities;
· Plan and meet goals for professional development;
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications-To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelors Degree in Nursing;
· Five years experience specific to program nees;
· Teaching Experience;
· Must meet requirements of appropriate accrediting agencies,
· Must be able to obtain Wisconsin Nursing Licensure and be certifiable by the Wisconsin Board of Nursing;
· Employment is conditional on compliance with state statute regarding the completion of a Caregiver Background Check with acceptable results as required by clinical agencies assessed in the curriculum;
· Masters Degree in Nursing or a BSN enrolled in and actively pursuing completion of MSN;
· Charge nurse/Team Leader experience also desirable;
· Teaching experience in the nursing field
Reporting to this Position: No Direct Reports
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Physical demands are classified as Sedentary – lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-Performs teaching or instructing Functions – Frequently
-Exposure to office/class room environment – Constant
-Exposure to shop or maintenance environment – Never
Tools & Equipment Used: Office equipment including; computers, tablets, telephones, fax machines; specialized software and WebEx
To apply for this job please visit www.menominee.edu.